In this term you will bring songs to practise English in the classroom.
Here is the first song of the week: “Wings” by the young British songwriter Birdy. Her real name is Jasmine Van Den Bogaerde. She was first known for a striking and stripped down piano-backed version of Bon Iver’s “Skinny Love.” A self-titled solo album of mostly covers (including a wonderful version of Phoenix’ “1901″), a collaboration with Mumford and Sons on “Learn Me Right” (from the soundtrack to the animated film Brave) and her own “Just A Game” on the Hunger Games soundtrack. Now the 17-year-old songwriter is back with “Wings,” the first track from her album Fire Within.
This is the official videoclip.
Click here to play a game to complete the lyrics.
Finally, to know more about Birdy, a young British artist.
Now complete these questions about the song and the artist Birdy:
- Where is Birdy from?
- How old is she?
- Why is Birdy her nickname?
- Why is her song “Wings” so famous in Spain?
- What was her inspiration to write this song?
- What’s her mother’s job?
- What kind of music does she like?
- When does she prefer composing?
- What is her latest album?
- Write a magazine interview about Birdy. Include an good introduction and some interesting questions.
Send a comment! What is your opinion about the song and Birdy? Have you heard about her before? Do you know anything else about her?
This is another lyrics video of the song “Not About Angels”.
Here is another song “Just a Game” from the film “Hunger Games”.
Here is an excellent website to revise for the Trinity test. You can complete grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation activities.
In this post we will learn and review all types of conditional sentences.
Activity 1: Now complete this quiz on-line.
Activity 2: Now complete this activity on-line about the first conditionals.
Activity 3: It is time to complete this activity about the second conditionals.
Activity 4: Complete this activity about the third conditionals.
Activity 5: Complete this interactive activity with the first and second conditionals.
Activity 6: Now, complete this activity with the three types of conditional sentences.
Activity 7: Finally, play this game in pairs.
Here is the new short of the week which will be presented by Mª Mar and Ana.
The Most Beautiful Thing
Here is the worksheet with the discussion questions: The most beautiful thing
For the end-of-the-year party at our school we are doing a flashmob. Here is the video with the choreography to practise in class and at home.
First, let’s learn and practise the lyrics of the official videoclip.
And this is the video with the choreography.
Here are some more shorts.
Click here to get access to the worksheet and the videos.
This week a new short will be presented by Ana, Elena and Pedro.
AFTER BEING DUMPED BY HIS GIRLFRIEND, A STREET MUSICIAN SUFFERS FROM PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS MANIFESTED AS A LITTLE DEMON WHO DISRUPTS HIS EVERYDAY LIFE.
Here are the worksheet where you can find the discussion questions: SHORT OF THE WEEK
This week we have an interview, which will be presented by José Antonio Cárdenas.
- What two awards has he recently received?
- Which is the drink he usually get during a match?
- What is his favourite character of Donald Duck?
- How many people could play against him at the same time (in blindfolden)?
- How much time does he dedicate to chess, appart from the professional tournaments?
- What is his main ambition now?
- Who previous chess player was he compared with?
- Which illness do some people think he suffers?
- Which are the more usual words which appears in Google when you write “Mnagus Carlsen”?
- When was the last time he fell off?
- How is the relationship between Gemma Arterton and Magnus?
This year we will visit the centre of Seville and find tourists to tell them legends about the different monuments or places in our city. In this new project you will include:
1. You will work in groups and design an itinerary where every member of the group will tell a legend about a famous place in the centre of Seville.
2. You will also create a quiz with five multiple-choice questions about each legend.
3. If the tourists answer correctly they will receive a prize which you will design. It can be a bookmark with a summary or quote of the legend and an image related to the place or story.
4. The final project is a video with the recording of every interview.
Here is a list of resources you can use for this project:
|The legend related to the relevant and well organised.
|The language used correct grammatically and in spelling.
|The questions in the quiz are well organised and related to the legend.
|The language used in the questions in correct grammatically and in spelling.
|The text included in the bookmarks is appropriate and correct.
|The images and design of the prize is correct.
|The legend is told individually clearly, not reading, with a good pronunciation.
|The video is arranged correctly including images, music and the individual participation of all the members.
Here are two more short videos to discuss in class.
First video: Identity
Second video: Plastic
This is the worksheet where you can find the discussion questions: SHORTS