Durante este curso los alumnos de 4º ESO y 2º Bachillerato han llevado a cabo un proyecto integrado participando en la plataforma de trabajo colaborativo con centros de países europeos en la realización de una revista digital para el intercambio cultural. Los centros participantes y los profesores implicados en este proyecto fueron los siguientes:
- Carmen Mellado – IES Albert Einstein, Seville (Spain)
- Isabella Zeli – Liceo Statale delle Scienze Umane “S. Anguissola”, Cremona (Italy)
- Euripides Hatjiparaskevas – 3o Geniko Lykeio Mytilinis (Greece)
- Suzan Pıçakcı – Burak Bora Anadolu Lisesi, Istanbul (Turkey)
- Claudine Coatanéa – Lycée Michelet, Vanves, (France)
El principal objetivo de este proyecto ha sido mejorar la competencia comunicativa y el intercambio intercultural entre jóvenes de diferentes países europeos. Los alumnos han aprendido a trabajar colaborativamente con sus propios compañeros del centro y con otros alumnos del extranjero. Otro objetivo cumplido ha sido la mejora de la competencia digital de alumnos y profesores. También quisimos educar a nuestro alumnado fomentando la investigación con una visión crítica de los medios de comunicación, especialmente Internet. Este proyecto además ha sido reconocido con el Sello de Calidad a nivel nacional de eTwinning.
Y éste es el inmejorable resultado de nuestro trabajo:
¡Enhorabuena a todos los participantes en el proyecto! El año que viene continuaremos con nuevas ideas. ¿Quieres colaborar con nosotros? Elige los proyectos integrados de “English 4 Easy Writing” en 4º ESO o “Internet and Magazines” en Bachillerato.
These days it is football time and it’s more special because it is a cup in which all the world join together and as this song says in the world now “WE ARE ONE”.
“We Are One (Ole Ola)” The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Song by Pitbull, Jennifer López and Claudia Leitte
First watch the official videoclip:
Now sing along with the lyrics video:
Answer the following questions about the song:
- Do you think football can join people or maybe it can cause more problems among them?
- What do you think this song wants to tell us?
- Do you think that a world cup is a good opportunity to join people from different nationalities?
- The song says “we are one”…do you think that we can be really “one”?
- Is a world cup good for the country where it is celebrated or there are more problems?
- Do you think that people really travel to Brazil to see the football matches or they only look for the parties?
Here is the game on Lyrics training:
And finally let’s all dance together:
Today we will see another short film presented by Rafa and Manuel. The title of the short is “She and her cat”.
First watch the video:
She and her cat
Answer these questions before reading the summary:
- What do you think this video is about?
- Do you have any pets?
This is the summary of the short film:
This short is made by Makoto Shinkai, a famous Japanese film director. Some of his films are “5 centimeters per second” and “The garden of words”. The short occurs over the span of a year. It’s about a woman (She) who picks up a cat (Chobi) during a rainy spring day. The cat falls in love with his owner because of her kindness and beauty. During the summer Chobi gets a girlfriend (Mimi), but he refuses to marry her. On an autumn day She has a conversation over the phone. After it, She cries and becomes depressed. Chobi doesn’t understand anything, so he stays with her. In winter, She continues her normal life. She and Chobi are happy together.
Answer these questions before watching the video:
- Do you feel any relationship with your pet?
- Would you be sad without it?
Answer questions after watching the video:
- Have you ever picked up an animal from the street?
- Have you ever thought about how pets feel the world?
- Would to like to know the thoughts of your pet?
- When you feel sad, do you stay with your pet?
- What do you think the phone call was about?
- At the end, She and Chobi say “This world, we love it”. In the original Japanese short, the end has a different translation: “This world, I think we like it”. What could this quote mean?
- Why do you think the director made the short in black and white?
- How do you think the story could continue?
And now we are going to watch another short film presented by José and company.
QUESTIONS BEFORE WATCHING THE FILM
- Do you think having friends can help you to be succesful in your life?
- Have you got a best friend?.. Why is him/her your bestfriend?
- Would you betray a friend for your own ambitions?
- Some people say that ”Friends are the family that we choose”. Are you agree?
QUESTIONS AFTER WATCHING THE FILM
- Make a summary of the short “Friendsheep”.
- Why was everyone frightened when the wolf started to work in the officine?
- Do you think that the wolf is regretful about the thing that he did?
- This short is an example of: The things aren´t going well always . The sheep had became in his friends, why do you think that he did it?
- At first, why did the wolf want to work in the office?
- Why do you think that only one sheep tried to help the wolf?
- Sincerally, do you think that the wolf feels anytime the feeling of friendship with the sheep?
Here are two more short film to discuss in class. The first one is titled “The Black Button”, a film about moral dilemmas, which will be presented by Pepe and Alejandro.
Answer these questions before watching the video:
- Would you kill for money?
- How would you feel if someone died because of you?
- Do you think the money buys happiness?
- Do you think that money is the root of all evil?
Now answer these questions after watching the video:
- Would you press the button? Remember that he can be a new Hitler or a good person.
- If you knew who is going to die, would you press the button?
- Now imagine that you are the father or the mother of a family with severe economical problems, and if you press the button you can solve all the problems of your family and also save other people helping for example in hospitals with your money, in that case, would you press the button?
The second short film for today is an animation film titled “Steadfast Stanley”, which will be presented by Esther Gónzalez & José Manuel Grande.
Answer these questions before watching the short film:
- Do you have any pet? which one? if you don’t… which pet would you like to have and why?
- Did you know any case of pet abandon?
- Do you think that pets love their masters forever?
Description of the short film:
This short video shows the loyality, honesty of a dog towards his master.
The dog rescues his master in the middle of an zombie apocalipsys, but before of that he goes through some adventures.
Now answer these questions after watching the short film:
- Do you understand the position of the mother?
- How would you if the dog were yours?
- And if you were a dog, would you take care of your master on that situation?
- How do you would survive in a zombie apocalypsis?
Today we have another short of the week, titles “Brain Divided” which will be presented by Ana and Paola.
The video is great animated history of a boy that has a date with a girl and he wants to impress her, but not know how do it. So the problems starts with a fight between the the two parts of the brain for take the control of the situation. Sometimes the loving part say the correct words but acts wrong like try to kiss her and the intelligent part fix the problem or make it worse.
Questions before watching the video
- What do you think is about the video?
- Do you think the history has a happy end?
- Is better think with the mind or with the heart in cuestions of love?
- If you’re falling in love, you think more with the loving part?
Now you have seen the video can answer the questions.
- Have you ever had a date with somebody?
- What place would you choose for a date? If the boy/girl in the date invited you to a dance, would you accept it?
- Sometimes, the fight with oneself to do the correct thing is very difficult.
- Do you follow the instructions of the heart or the brain?
- Have you ever lived a situation similar like this where you have blundered (meter la pata) with your date?
- Why do the parts fight?
- Who do you think acts better of the two?
- At the end, the two parts learn to work together. Why? What happens?
- The girl goes when the boy starts to dance and kisses her, does she prefer the good and shy boy or the dancer bad boy? Why?
- How does the video end?
Here is our second short titled “Sevilla”, which will be presented by Nerea and José David, Víctor and Isa.
Before watching the video:
- What would you do if someone you love died?
- Can you return to love someone or would it be impossible?
- If you could return to love would forget forever the other person?
- Would you do a special tribute for that person? Which would it be?
- Do you like high-risk sports?
- Have you practised it?
After watching the video:
- Why do you think they went back to the place of the accident?
- If you went back to the place of the accident, what would you do?
- Do you think the drink had something to do with the accident?
- If you were in the same situation, what would be your reaction?
- Would try to hold a person if he/she were about to do something dangerous? How?
- How would you feel after failing to prevent the accident?
- Do you know any case similar to this?
- Have you ever tried the same as the protagonist?
- How would you feel if a relative died in an accident?
- Have you ever seen someone doing something similar?
For the last week of the year we will have two songs of the week. Here is the first song “Counting Stars” by OneRepublic which will be presented by Sergio and Aarón.
First pay attention to the original video clip of the song Counting Stars
Here is the lyrics video:
Now answwer the following questions about the song:
- What does OneRepublic try to tell us with this song?
- What do you feel when you are listening to this song?
- Why did the singer lose his dream?
- Do you like this song?
Play the lyrics training of this song:
Lyrics training: http://lyricstraining.com/play/onerepublic/counting_stars/HW8nMdG2LW
Here is the second song which will be presented by Leo and Julián, “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons.
Watch the video of the song.
Now pay attention to the lyrics video.
It’s time to answer some questions about the song:
- What’s the song about?
- How did you feel when you were listening to the song?
Here is the game in Lyrics training of the song “Radioactive”.
Today you will write a for and against essay. A “for and against” essay is a formal piece of writing in which a topic is considered from opposing points of view. You should present both sides in a fair way by discussing them objectively and in equal detail. Include this composition together with the description of the place you wrote last week for unit 8 in your Google Drive document.
A good essay of this type should consist of:
a) An introductory paragraph in which you clearly state the topic to be discussed, without giving your opinion;
b) A main body in which the points for and against along with your justifications, examples or reasons are presented in separate paragraphs; and
c) A closing paragraph in which you state your opinion or give a balanced consideration of the topic.
Write four paragraphs:
- Introduce the topic: For many people … Many people think that … However, Though, Although,
- States the advantages: In the first place, On the one hand, Furthermore, Besides, Yet,
- State the disadvantages: On the other hand, In addition, Moreover,
- Conclude your argument with a balanced summary of advantages and disadvantages and give your personal opinion: It seems to me that … From my point of view, I think that … I believe that …
Choose one of the following topics for discussion:
- Damage to the environment is an inevitable consequence of worldwide improvements in the standard of living. Discuss.
- Are famous people treated unfairly by the media? Should they be given more privacy, or is the price of their fame an invasion into their private lives?
- Are women are better parents than men?
- The use of mobile phones at schools.
- Children should never be educated at home by their parents. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Computers can translate all kinds of languages well. Do our children need to learn more languages in the future?
- Discuss some of the arguments for and against keeping animals in zoos.
- Discuss the advantage and disadvantage of giving international aid to poor countries.
- Do the benefits of study abroad justify the difficulties?
- Does modern technology make life more convenient, or was life better when technology was simpler?
- Does travel help to promote understanding and communication between countries?
- Human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substances. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as a diet containing meat. What is your opinion?
- If children behave badly, should their parents accept responsibility and also be punished?
- Is animal testing necessary?
- Many students choose to attend schools or universities outside their home countries. Why do some students study abroad? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.
- The advantages and disadvantages of computers. Discuss.
- Should criminals be punished with lengthy jail terms or should they be re-educated, using community service programs for instance, before being reintroduced to society?
- Should money be spent on space exploration?
- Should retirement be compulsory at 65 years of age?
- Should rich countries pay more for environmental damage?
- Should sports classes be dropped in secondary school so students can concentrate on academic subjects?
- Should the same laws which prohibit the sale and consumption of heroin be applied to tobacco?
- Technology is making communication easier in todays world, but at the expense of personal contact as many people choose to work at home in front of a computer screen. What dangers are there for a society which depends on computer screens rather than face-to-face contact for its main means of communication?
- Alternative forms of transport should be encouraged and international laws introduced to control car ownership and use. What do you think?
- The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
- Nuclear power provides cheap and clean energy. The benefits of nuclear technology far overweigh the disadvantages. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer.
- Tourism is becoming increasingly important as a source of revenue to many countries but its disadvantages should not be overlooked. What are some of the problems of tourism?
- TV: could you be without it? Discuss.
- We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in businesses, hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits? Use specific details and examples in your answer.
- Will modern technology such as the internet ever replace the book or the written word as the main source of information?
Today we are going to enjoy one more song of the week, which will be presented by Sara, Inma, Mireya and Laura.
First, watch the videoclip of the song:
Now let’s pay attention to the lyrics video:
Now answer the following questions:
- What does Avicii try to tell us with this song?
- What do you feel when you’re listening to this song?
- In your life, is there someone for whom you would do everything?
- When you listen to this song, does it remind you anything or anyone?
- Do you know anyone who has gone away and you miss?
Finally, play this game on Lyricstraining:
This week our song will be “She Looks So Perfect” by 5SOS, activity which will be presented by Sergio, Tamara, Patricia and Paloma.
First, watch the original videoclip of the song:
Now answer these questions about the music video:
- What’s the song about?
- Can you tell us your opinion about the song?
Here you can see the lyrics of the song:
Now pay attention to the interview to this band talking about themselves:
Answer the following questions about the interview:
- Where they met for first time?
- How they made their name for the band?
- Who’s got a tattoo? What it is?
Finally, let’s play a game with the lyrics of this song:
Here you will upload the videos about the visit to the centre of Seville where you acted as tour guides. Upload your video to Goggle Drive and include a description of this experience and your opinion about the project (50-80 words).
Padlet for tour guides videos