For the last project we will see “The Tree of Life”, a philosophical film which make you think about metaphysical issues like the existence of God, the duality of man, and the real meaning of life.
Read the following review written by Wajahat Ali, so you can understand the film much better.
Final Project: In a Google docs presentation find out the following information about the film. Create a slide for every question, including a title and images taken from the film. Choose ONLY five of the following questions:
- What is the meaning of the shot of the light at the beginning and end of the film?
- Describe the characters played by Sean Penn, Brad Pitt and Jessica Chastain.
- Choose a character in the film and write a diary entry for one day in your life.
- What do you know about the director of the film Terrence Malick?
- Why do you think the theory of evolution is included in the film? What is it the answer to?
- Describe the main settings where the characters appear in the film: the urban jungle of imposing skyscrapers, the empty rocky terrain and the beach. Explain their metaphorical meaning.
- Which are your favourite quotes? Include the names of the characters.
- Which are your favourite metaphors in the film? Explain their meaning.
- What part of the film did you like best and worst?
- What is your opinion about the different aspects of the film: director, soundtrack, images, actors …?
Watch the trailer! Here is the official trailer of the film with Spanish subtitles:
Listen to the soundtrack! Finally, here is the official soundtrack preview. Pay attention to the titles of the tracks. They are related to the main themes of the film.
Send a comment! Send the link to your Google docs presentation via a comment to this post with your name and short comment about the film.
I hope you enjoyed the film!