We will work on the role of women in the Middle Ages in a cross-curricular unit in Spanish, English and French.
Visit this website and read the interesting information about women in the Middle Ages:
Project: In groups of six or seven you will create a video or a Prezi presentation or a Glog, Stixy or Wallwisher digital poster about one of the following quick facts.
- The main role of women in the Middle Ages was to run the household and raise children.
- The position of women in the medieval society was greatly influenced by the views of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Women were taught to be obedient to their husbands.
- An average peasant woman married at the age of 14 and gave birth to the first child at the age of 15.
- Some noble women gained great influence but medieval queens regnant were the exception rather than the rule.
- Medieval marriages were arranged by the parents and were often marked by absence of love.
- Women in the service of the Roman Catholic Church could only be nuns or in best case abbesses.
- Women from wealthy merchant families dedicated themselves almost exclusively to the role of a wife and mother.
- Women from the working class actively contributed to the family’s income but they were paid less than men.
Here is another interesting presentation about Women in Medieval Times.
You must include:
- A note, page or slide created by every student with his or her name.
- Visual evidences to support your points: film scenes, paintings of the time.
- Written evidence: based on literary or historical texts
- Bibliography: websites visited and books consulted.
Here are some examples of similar projects: