In this post we will learn how to write a one-sentence summary of a film plot.
What should you include in a plot summary:
- A character or two
- Their choice, conflict, or goal
- Action that will get them to the goal
- Setting (if important)
Here are some tips to write your summary:
- Keep it simple. One plotline, 1 or 2 characters.
- Use the strongest nouns, verbs and adjectives.
- Use relative pronouns: who, which, that, where
- Use connectors: and, or, because, but, when …
- Use verb in gerund: a man living in …
- Make the conflict clear but you don’t have to hint at the solution.
In a Wallwisher or Stixy digital board you must include:
- A note with the one-word summary of the plot of your favourite film (20-30 words)
- Include a screenshot of a part of the poster of your film below your summary
- Create a jigsaw with 30 pieces of the film poster and insert a link to the game in your note to find out the answer. Here is the website to create your jigsaw is: www.jigsawplanet.com
This is the Stixy digital board to insert your note.