Here is the song of the week: “Wrecking Ball” presented by Alicia, Ana, Lidia and Paula.
Activity 1: Listen to the song and read the lyrics.
Activity 2: Listen to this interview with Miley.
Activity 3: Now answer the following questions.
- What is the song Wrecking Ball about?
- What does Miley Cyrus mean when she says ‘I came in like a wrecking ball. I never hit so hard in love’?
- Why do you think Miley has composed this song? Do you think Miley, when she composed this song, was going through a difficult situation in love?
- What feelings does Milley show when she sings this song?
- Do you think Miley has composed this song to unburden differently? Why?
- If you have a difficult love, reactionary as Miley. will you express yourself through music? If not, how would you do it?
- What do you feel when you listen to this song? Does it remind you of anything?
- What do you think about the songs of Miley Cyrus?
- What other songs do you like? More than Wrecking Ball?
Activity 4: Finally, let’s play the game “lyrics training” to learn more vocabulary.