On this post we will learn about the parts of the house: furniture, objects and rooms.
Activity 1: Read this interactive book about the description of houses.
Activity 2: Now learn more about the parts of the house with this presentation.
Activity 3: Describe this house.
- The rooms: There is a big bathroom upstairs.
- The objects, furniture and gadgets in each rooms: In the bathroom, there is / are …
- Adjectives before the nouns: colour, big, small, comfortable, modern, etc. There is a comfortable bunk bed in the bedroom.
- Prepositions: next to, near, on, in, between, in front of, etc. There is a washing machine next to the oven.
- The objects and gadgets that did not exist in the 16th century: There wasn’t / there weren’t …There weren’t any plastic chairs. There wasn’t any electricity.
Project: We will create a presentation with a description of a house in past. Choose a house in history using THERE WAS / THERE WERE.
Oral presentation: Study the description of your house. You cannot read the text on the screen.
House 1: Visit this castle
House 2: Visit Aston Hall
House 3: Visit Blakesley Hall, a Tudor house.
House 4: Visit this Victorian house.
House 5: Visit this house at war.