You are going to work in groups of three. Each group will create a comic in Pixton about one aspect of the Ancient Greece:
- Daily Life in Athens: Geographical location, family and education (boys-girls)
- Daily Life in Sparta: Geographical location, family and education (boys-girls)
- The Olympic Games: Origin, competitions and prizes.
- Architecture: Characteristics, Types of buildings, the Parthenon and the theatre of Epidaurus.
- Sculpture: Characteristics, Periods (Archaic, Classical, Hellenistic) including characteristics and examples of statues.
- Literature: new alphabet, actors, musicians, the building (theatre), poetry (Homer and the Iliad or the Odyssey) and theatre (tragedy and comedy)
- Government in Sparta and in Athens: for each one, type of government, institutions and social groups.
- Science: Maths (Thales, Pythagoras), Medicine (Hippocrates), Physics (Archimedes) and History (Herodotus)
- Religion: Polytheism, the twelve gods-goddesses of Mount Olympus. Procession to the Acropolis.
- Alexander the Great: his life, conquests and death.
To create your comic go to the website of Pixton and sign up in Pixton for schools. When you enter the site and write the activation code (RY6E-MP). Only one member of the group has to sign up.
In the comic you will include:
- Eighty words minimum.
- Nine panels.
- Speech bubbles for the characters in the story with audio texts recorded by all members of the group.
- In the first panel you will include a caption with an introduction and the title of the topic.
- In the last panel the names of the creators of the comic. If your name does not appear you will not be evaluated.
The deadline to finish your project is Monday 4th May and the oral presentation of this project will be the 11th, 12th and 13th May in Social Science and English. Each member of the group will present three panels.
Who were the Ancient Greeks?
British Museum Olympic Games
BBC Olympic Games
Ancient Greek Facts
Explore Ancient Greece
Citizens of Athens and Sparta
Adventures in Ancient Greece
The Art and Architecture of Ancient Greece
The Greek House
Alexander the Great Video
Horrible story about Alexander the Great’s Conquest of Greece
Alexander the Great Sing Along!
Clipart images about Ancient Greeks
Enjoy this project!!!