This Halloween week we will work on long-form music video Ghosts, a 1996 short film starring Michael Jackson, co-written by horror novelist Stephen King and directed by film director Stan Winston.
Activity 1: First, watch the video.
Activity 2: Now let’s find out more about the making of this film.
Activity 3: Write a film review using the following structure. (200-250 words). Incllude your review in you Goggle Drive document. You can add some pictures of the film too. DEADLINE: next Friday 31st October.
- Make your general reaction to the film clear
- Identify the following information:
- Lead actors
- Year of release
- Summarise the plot in a few sentences.
- Mention the setting: the place and time of the plot.
- Say something about the main characters.
- Say something about the content.
- Comment on the film.
- Let others know whether or not you liked the film.
- Why do you like it? Why don’t you like it?
- Is the film interesting or boring, etc.?
- Would you recommend the film?
You can use the following worksheet containing useful phrases to write a film review.
Activity 4: Now here is the classic “Thriller”.
Activity 5: Finally, let’s dance following the choreography of the song “Ghosts”. Let’s sing along too!
Activity 6: Why don’t we dance “Thriller” too?