This term our cross-curricular project will consist of an oratorical contest in English and Spanish. You will work in groups of six students. Each member of the team will perform one of the following tasks.
ORATORICAL CONTEST / CONCURSO DE ORATORIA
- Presentation of a thought experiment. (2 minutes maximum)
- For and against speech about issues affecting society. (2 minutes maximum)
- Sale of an object. The student will choose an object from a box. They will have to convince the audience about the need and benefits of that object. (2 minutes maximum)
- Defensa de un escritor. (2 minutos máximo)
- Discurso motivador. Los alumnos intentarán persuadir al público para que actúen. (2 minutos máximo)
- Declamación de un poema. (2 minutos máximo)
Here is the video of the final of the contest organised in Madrid.
Here are the different tasks:
Here is a sample of a for and against speech in English.
EVALUATION CRITERIA / CRITERIOS DE EVALUACIÓN