This term our cross-curricular project will consist of an oratorical contest in English and Spanish. You will work in groups of six students. Each member of the team will perform one of the following tasks.
ORATORICAL CONTEST / CONCURSO DE ORATORIA
- Presentation of a thought experiment. (2 minutes maximum)
- For and against speech about issues affecting society. (2 minutes maximum)
- Sale of an object. The student will choose an object from a box. They will have to convince the audience about the need and benefits of that object. (2 minutes maximum)
- Defensa de un escritor. (2 minutos máximo)
- Discurso motivador. Los alumnos intentarán persuadir al público para que actúen. (2 minutos máximo)
- Declamación de un poema. (2 minutos máximo)
Here is the video of the final of the contest organised in Madrid.
Here are the different tasks:
Here is a sample of a for and against speech in English.
EVALUATION CRITERIA / CRITERIOS DE EVALUACIÓN
Do you want to sound smart in your speech, watch these videos!
Here are some amazing commercials created for Christmas.
John Lewis Christmas Advert 2012 The Journey
John Lewis Christmas Advert 2013 The Bear and the Hare
John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014 Monty the Penguin
Happy Holidays from Coca-Cola
Sainsbury Christmas Advert 2014
Sainsbury Advert 2015
John Lewis Advert 2015
Macy’s Advert 2015
German Christmas Advert 2015
Sainsbury Advert 2016
M&S Advert 2016
John Lewis Advert 2016
H&M Advert 2016
We start a new eTwinning project this year: RadioActive T.E.A.M. (The European Audio Magazine).
Click here to go to the Twinspace.
Student-journalists from various European countries share their perceptions of international news, interact and collaborate in international teams for a school year. They express themselves through a variety of media: they participate in a school web-radio channel including a selection of programmes designed by the teams – composing their theme music, writing radio scripts and editing radio podcasts about topics related to their interests and global issues. They also collaborate to create and publish an e-magazine presenting current events from their perspective. Each international team will create a 10-15 minutes programme about a topic in common. The national groups will have to work on the topic choose a different format: interview, documentary, drama, talk show, etc.
The tasks for October and November are:
- Break the ice!
- Personal profile: Complete the personal profile with information about your age, school, nationality and interests.
- Group presentation: introduce your national group in this padlet writing about your interests in common and about what you expect in this project.
- Guided tour: Visit the other partners’ guided tours and complete the quiz.
- Forum#1: React to your partners’ presentations and guided tours in the forum#1
- Forum#2: Think about a topic for your radio programme and visit forum#2 to join another group or make a new proposal.
This project will be the 20% of your final marks in English. You will evaluated in these tasks:
RADIO PROGRAMME FORMATS:
- Talk shows or chat shows
- Terrorism in the world
- Human trafficking
- Immigration: Spanish people around the world, French people around the world, etc.
- Responsible consumption
- Violence in the media
- Gender violence
- Politics: compulsory voting, referendums, Brexit, USA elections, the future of Europe
- Art: street artists, reasons for graffiti, art exhibitions
- Ethics in sports
- Inspirational stories of teenagers: inventors, talented children, etc.
- Volunteering: make a difference
- New technologies: impact of new technologies on teenagers, privacy on social media, transformation of language due to new technologies: email, WhatsApp and Twitter, Trending topics on Twitter
- Laws on environmental issues: plastic bags
- Subjects and methodology taught in the different schools
- Role models
- Dream job interviews
- When I grow up, I want to be …
- Future jobs
- Teenagers’ self image
- Healthy and fitness: eating disorders, anxiety, depression, beauty tips
- Cringe: the most embarrassing moment
- Reviews: new films, new video games, books
- Family: are teenagers more independent?
- Education: are schools teaching students for the future?, bullying
- Creative writing: collaborative story told from different points of view, culture or places
- Fashion using recycled materials, fashion affecting our environment
- Animals in sports and entertainment
- Environment: sustainable development and green cities, climate change and COP21
- Music: street musicians, committed songs, music festivals
- Travelling abroad
Hemos diseñado este proyecto interdisciplinar colaborativo en lengua e inglés con motivo de una de las efemérides más importantes de esta década en el mundo literario, el 400 aniversario de la muerte de Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra y William Shakespeare.
En grupos elaboraréis un póster con una cita de cada autor que deberéis ilustrar con un dibujo o fotografía elaborados por vosotros mismos.
Podéis utilizar la aplicación de Notegraphy que podéis utilizar desde un ordenador o dispositivo móvil.
Los pasos que debéis seguir son:
- Elegid la cita de cada autor: puede ser el fragmento de una escena de obra de teatro o un poema completo. Debes indicar de qué obra es, escena o soneto.
- Pensad y diseñar una imagen para ilustrar la escena o el poema elegido. La ilustración puede ser una fotografía de vosotros representando el texto, una fotografía o dibujo creado por algún miembro del grupo.
- Un miembro del grupo se registra y sube la imagen a Notegraphy añadiendo el texto.
- Otro miembro del grupo se debe registrar en la aplicación de Pinterest. Entrad en el tablero para este proyecto e insertad vuestra cita ilustrada. En el pin debéis indicar el nombre de los miembros del grupo en la descripción.
- A nivel individual o en grupo podéis añadir comentarios a los proyectos de otros compañeros y marcarlos como me gusta. Las imágenes más comentadas serán impresas a todo color para se expuestas en el hall de entrada del centro y en la cuenta de Twitter de nuestro centro.
Aquí os dejo un muro digital con imágenes recopiladas de otros tableros de Pinterest para que os inspiréis en vuestro proyecto.
FECHA DE ENTREGA: 30 DE MAYO
CRITERIOS DE EVALUACIÓN
This is a video about falling in love presented by Rosa’s group.
Here is an interesting video presented by Sara and Pablo.
Here is one more video about a serious problem affecting our world today presented by Miriam’s group.
Here is another video about a speech about sexism in gaming presented by Andrea’s group
Finally, here is a video about life on Mars.
This term we will show short films or segments of film or TV series including:
- An introduction about the film: summary of the plot, information about the director, actors, etc.
- Questions before watching the film
- Questions while watching the film (optional)
- Discussion questions after watching the film
- Final conclusion
You must include interactive activities to work in pairs or small groups.
You can also include a game to play in class about the short film using the following application: learningapps.org (order the sequences of events, multiple choice, etc).
Here is a collection of websites where you can find excellent short films and the presentations created by my students last year. Create a Drive document including the links and discussion questions.
Short films on Pearltrees
Here is the evaluation criteria for this project in groups: Video presentation rubrics
Here is one more interesting short video presented by Rocío, Marta and María.
This short film is about a lonely boy who starts communicating with a cute girl in opposite building using written signs and eventually they met each other. Love doesn’t always talk, it sometimes might be expressed even from a piece of paper. In a world of social networking and cellphone, signs are still powerful as long as they mean a lot.
Activity 1: Answer these questions before watching the video
- Read the title. What can you imagine this short would be about?
- What you think will happen in this video?
- This video tells a story about love, What do you think will end well? Why?
- Have you ever felt in love in a strange way?
Activity 2: Now watch the video
Activity 3: Finally answer these questions after watching the video
- Do you feel identified with any characters in the short film?
- When the girl says to the boy that she had a secret, what did you think this secret was?
- Have you ever fallen in love in the school?
- Di you believe in love at first sight?
- What did you think was going to happen when the boss calls the girl?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of falling in love with a classmate or workmate?
- Have you ever seen the moment of giving the first step with a girl or a boy and you haven’t given it? If you didn’t give it, did you regret it? If you gave it, did it work?
- Did you like this short film?
- What do you think will happen after this end?