Here is the videos presented by Sara’s group.
Videos about Charity (social experiments)
Questions before the 1st video:
- Have you ever give money to charity?
- When we donate money, we tend to feel better with ourselves. Do you think it’s a totally altruistic action then?
Questions before the 2nd video:
- Do you think people in our society are generally selfish or generous? Why?
- For what reasons do you decided not to give money to an homeless person?
Here are more videos in English to celebrate our Super Friday!
SHANE KOYCZAN: “TO THIS DAY” … FOR THE BULLIED AND BEAUTIFUL
The first video will be presented by Paloma, Laura and Josema.
Activity 1: Answer some questions before the video:
- If you could tell someone who won’t leave you fulfill your dreams, what would you say or what would you do?
- Have you ever had a nickname?
Activity 2: Now watch the video:
Activity 3: Answer the questions after the video:
- Why do you think bullying is one of the most “popular” problems in our society?
- Have you ever been bullied by someone?
- Have you ever bullied a person even if it was unintentionally?
- Have you ever put a nickname? Which one?
TEACHER’S SUGGESTION: Listen to and watch this animated poem by Shane Koyczan.
TALKING ABOUT DREAMS
These videos will be presented by Michael and Julián.
PART 1: GAME ABOUT THE DREAMS
Activity 1: Watch this video.
Activity 2: Now answer these questions.
- DO YOU THINK THAT IS POSSIBLE GET ALL OUR DREAMS?
- IMAGINE THAT YOU WERE A HOMELESS AND YOU HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO HELP A PERSON TO GET HIM/HER DREAM, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
- SOMEBODY HAS GOT ANY DREAMS? WHAT TYPE OF DREAM?
- RELATED WITH QUESTION 1. DO YOU THINK THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT HAVE A LIMIT TO OVERCOME AN AIM OR MAKE HER/HIM DREAMS COME TRUE?
PART 2: SONG
Activity 3: Now listen to the song.
Activity 4: Answer these questions about the song
- DO YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF THE SONG?
- DO YOU THINK THAT WE HAVE MORE FEEL LIKE TO GET OUR DREAMS WHEN SOMEBODY DO THE DREAMS THAT WE ALSO HAVE?
Here is our first video to discuss in class.
Activity 1: Watch this branded short film and think of possible questions to discuss in class.
Activity 2: Listen to this song and think of some questions related to the videoclip.
Welcome back to school, and for those of you who are new to IES Albert Einstein, welcome to our Bilingual Blog where you’ll find interactive activities to learn, create and communicate in English using the new technologies.
Hopefully 2015/2015 will be a great year for you and you will all have excellent results at school working together; remember as Albert Einstein said “The important thing is not to stop questioning”, so may this year be full of questions, answers and positive experiences!
Have a fantastic year at Albert Einstein secondary school!
All we need is your attention, interest, creativity and imagination! Let´s start working!
Activity 1: It is school time again! You’re probably feeling excited and maybe a little sad that summer is over. Some students feel nervous or a little scared on the first day of school because of all the new things: new teachers, new friends, and maybe even a new school. Luckily, these “new” worries are only around for the first days.
Send a comment! Share with us your BACK TO SCHOOL mood, feelings, wishes, complaints or tips to save money, be successful in class or make new friends. Include also a short presentation about you and your class.
Activity 2: Here are some fun stuff to make the transition easier. Read them carefully.
Activity 3: Let’s talk about the school of the future. What will our schools be like in ten years’ time? Discuss in pairs.
Today we will have two short videos to discuss in class.
Before watching the short:
- Can you try to guess what the video is about before watching the video?
- Do you think wanting perfection is the right way to find it?
- Is possible that two people consider perfect something?
After watching the short 😀
- What do you think about the short?
- Do you think that you would have an adventure as the video shows looking for a ‘’brunch’’?
- Do you identify with any character?
- Do you think that the simplest things could be the perfects ones?
- How many times do you wanted to do something the best that you can but it finally went wrong?
- Do you usually use your mobile phone to find your perfect place?
Here is the presentation of another short of the week.
What would happen if your attempts to find the love of your life always fail? In this short will know the life of a young man who seeks to find the love of his life and as he tries different ways. Did you get?
Questions before the video:
- Have you ever given up getting something you wanted?
- Have you ever felt so in love to do something crazy? What?
- What would you do if someone told you that you can not get what you want, you give up or continue?
- If you fail conquering a girl, or trying to inspire love in a boy; you continue trying with that person, or you look for another one?
Questions after the video:
- What did you expect would happen when he saw the girl?
- Do you feel identified with the video?
- If you were the guy in the video you think you would do the same to find your true love?
- If you think you really have found your true love how you know it’s him/her?
- How you thought would end the video?
- What do you think will happen in the end, he found the love of his life?
- Why do you think that the guy it’s trying like a crazy found a girl ?
- Do you think that he will achieve it? Why?
Welcome back to school! I wish you all the best for the new year.
Here is the first short video of the year presented by Ricardo and Juanma.
- Which tradition did you like the most? (Juanma)
- Here in Spain we have also another tradition, what do you think about the three wise kings?(Ricardo)
- What have you done for new year?Will you complete your purpose?(Juanma)
- Have you seen New Year´s eve in Canal Sur? (Ricardo)
- What gift did you receive by the three wise kings?(Juanma)
- Do you think that Christmas is only materialism?(Ricardo)
Activity 1: We will learn more about how they celebrated New Year Eve in different parts of the world with this interactive activity.
Activity 2: Here is a listening activity related to New Year’s resolutions. Listen and answer the questions on-line:
Activity 3: What are your New Year’s resolutions? Do you think you resolutions are realistic? Will you keep them for the whole year.