Here are the Plotagon videos created to celebrate our cultural week this year dedicated to the Renaissance. We thought that creating stories inspired by Shakespeare could be a good idea. Watch the videos and rate them. You can add comments too. WRITE YOUR NAME TO IDENTIFY YOUR COMMENTS.
Here is the link to publish articles in our Transmission magazine.
Write the name of your team,
Check the images and their sources
Revise the grammar and that all the text can be seen clearly.
Send a message in the forum of your team congratulating them or telling them what you have corrected.
We are going to write collaborative scary stories in groups. Write your story on this presentation. You can illustrate your stories with free copyright images.
This term our cross-curricular project will consist of an oratorical contest in English and Spanish. You will work in groups of six students. Each member of the team will perform one of the following tasks.
ORATORICAL CONTEST / CONCURSO DE ORATORIA
- Presentation of a thought experiment. (2 minutes maximum)
- For and against speech about issues affecting society. (2 minutes maximum)
- Sale of an object. The student will choose an object from a box. They will have to convince the audience about the need and benefits of that object. (2 minutes maximum)
- Defensa de un escritor. (2 minutos máximo)
- Discurso motivador. Los alumnos intentarán persuadir al público para que actúen. (2 minutos máximo)
- Declamación de un poema. (2 minutos máximo)
Here is the video of the final of the contest organised in Madrid.
Here are the different tasks:
Here is a sample of a for and against speech in English.
EVALUATION CRITERIA / CRITERIOS DE EVALUACIÓN
Do you want to sound smart in your speech, watch these videos!
Here are some amazing commercials created for Christmas.
John Lewis Christmas Advert 2012 The Journey
John Lewis Christmas Advert 2013 The Bear and the Hare
John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014 Monty the Penguin
Happy Holidays from Coca-Cola
Sainsbury Christmas Advert 2014
Sainsbury Advert 2015
John Lewis Advert 2015
Macy’s Advert 2015
German Christmas Advert 2015
Sainsbury Advert 2016
M&S Advert 2016
John Lewis Advert 2016
H&M Advert 2016
Today we will have three different tasks.
Task 1: Visit the page TEAM UP. Check if your national group is included in the table. Choose a topic if you have not done so yet and go to forum#2 to send your partners a message telling them that you want to collaborate with them.
Task 2: Once you have your topic, go to the page created for your team in the section EDITORIAL MEETING and brainstorm ideas about what you want to speak about.
Task 3: You will write a collaborative story about a Christmas elf that got lost. Describe what Christmas is celebrated in our country. Write about the sights, smells and sounds. You can contribute to this story during this week until the 5th December included. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS STORY WILL GIVE YOU EXTRA POINTS IN THE FINAL MARKS!!!!
On this session, you will go participate in the two forums created so far.
Task 1: Visit the guided tours and make a comment in Forum#1. Thank your partners on their comments about our city and neighbourhood.
Task 2: Go to forum#2 to choose a topic for your radio programme. You can join another group or make a new proposal.
Here are the possible radio programme formats and topics:
RADIO PROGRAMME FORMATS:
- Talk shows or chat shows
- Terrorism in the world
- Human trafficking
- Immigration: Spanish people around the world, French people around the world, etc.
- Responsible consumption
- Violence in the media
- Gender violence
- Politics: compulsory voting, referendums, Brexit, USA elections, the future of Europe
- Art: street artists, reasons for graffiti, art exhibitions
- Ethics in sports
- Inspirational stories of teenagers: inventors, talented children, etc.
- Volunteering: make a difference
- New technologies: impact of new technologies on teenagers, privacy on social media, transformation of language due to new technologies: email, WhatsApp and Twitter, Trending topics on Twitter
- Laws on environmental issues: plastic bags
- Subjects and methodology taught in the different schools
- Role models
- Dream job interviews
- When I grow up, I want to be …
- Future jobs
- Teenagers’ self image
- Healthy and fitness: eating disorders, anxiety, depression, beauty tips
- Cringe: the most embarrassing moment
- Reviews: new films, new video games, books
- Family: are teenagers more independent?
- Education: are schools teaching students for the future?, bullying
- Creative writing: collaborative story told from different points of view, culture or places
- Fashion using recycled materials, fashion affecting our environment
- Animals in sports and entertainment
- Environment: sustainable development and green cities, climate change and COP21
- Music: street musicians, committed songs, music festivals
- Travelling abroad